Friday 26 June 2015

Welcome to Gem's book blog!

Hey, everyone, I'm Gem, a self-admitted bookworm who needs somewhere and someone to talk about books I read, so why not the bookworm community? Here's how it goes: every sunday you guys give me a book to read, and if I don't get anything good, I'll pick. I read the book, give a review and provide a link to it where you can buy it. If you're consistent in comments, books, and good opinions, you can eventually review as well! I think that my first book will be The White Princess by Philippa Gregory, just to start off. As this is my first blog, please feel free to give me constructive criticism or maybe just helpful suggestions about how to be a better blogger. Hope you enjoy!

*The opinions reflected in this blog are solely my own, i'm not getting compensation for this in any way*

3 comments:

  1. Je suivrai le blog avec plaisir!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few recommendations to start you off, no pressure on anything, just so you have some choice.
    1. Maximum Ride (The Angel Experiment) by James Patterson. Fast paced, lighthearted teen fiction, unexceptional writing but funny, with one of the bravest, toughest, most inspiring heroines I've ever come across.
    2. The Color of Magic (Terry Pratchett). Comedic adult fantasy. Very well written and so, so funny. The misadventures of a inept wizard on a world balanced on the back of four elephants balanced on a giant turtle called Discworld (the world not the turtle)
    3. Margaret Atwood's Oryx and Crake. Dark, well thought out and provocative. The story of a man left alone with a new race of people after the apocalypse. Brilliant with a hint of unconventional romance.
    Good luck with your blogging enterprise! I won't be offended if you choose not to read or dislike them when you do. Although... don't insult Max or Fang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic blog! Read and write everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete